Who doesn’t dream of those lazy days of summer? Maybe somewhere lost on a beach without a care in the world? As a mom, I can’t be that carefree, so instead I hope to enjoy summer with my children (even if their bickering gets on my nerves) and soak up these moments together. I will never get this summer again, so I need to embrace this time with my family and friends.
Our life is quite hectic right now as we near the end of building our new house, but the light at the end of the tunnel is so close – I can feel it! Today, I started packing up my kitchen. We don’t have an exact “move-in” date yet, but early July is our prediction. My overly obnoxious planner inside of me was itching to get started. I’m one of those weird people who like packing and planning.
So amidst our crazy schedule right now, my goal is to still fit in a few summer “adventures” with the kids and close friends. Because seriously, who doesn’t want to try new things during these warm beautiful months?
Summer 2017 Bucket List
1. Live in the moment and take more pictures. (I need to get better at this!)
2. Have a balloon fight. It has been over 15 years since I did this with my brothers.
3. Have a ridiculous amount of campfires. I want to have so many that I lose count! There’s
nothing better than s’mores.
4. Go on an Adventure with the kids. (Something spontaneous, because the planner inside of me needs to get shaken-up.)
5. Find more time for silence. Moments of inner reflection. This is on the top of my personal list.
6. Have a girls’ weekend! Yes, no excuses this time!!!!!
7. Teach my daughter to cross-stitch. I’ve been dreaming of starting this and she is at the perfect age right now.
8. Try new recipes. I love to cook, but our living situation has made it difficult to attempt new dishes. I can’t wait to cook in my new kitchen.
9. Wish on a Shooting Star (I was 9 years old the last time I did this.)
10. Write a letter to a friend.
11. To eat chocolate covered strawberries while dancing in the rain.
12. Be thankful for the good times and the bad times (everything is a blessing)
13. To Love my Husband and My Children each day more and more
14. To sip a glass of wine, while soaking in the sun with a good book!
15. Finally, To enjoy the summer and not to put pressure on myself to complete this list. There will always be another summer, but I have to remember that I will never get this one back!